Baptism is one of the Sacraments of Initiation and it is meant to free all people from the original sin.
To register a child for Baptism the following is required:
Parents and Godparents must attend Baptismal classes, and provide certificate of completion.
Sponsors talk preparation are available in our Parish the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, from 7:30 to 9:30 PM, in person.
The Virtual Baptism Talk can be done at Catechism Class.
- Valid government issued picture I.D. from both parents
- Preparation Class Certificate from both parents
- Original or Certified Copy of the child's Birth Certificate
- Recent Copy of their Baptismal Certificate with Notations; or
- Recent Copy of their Baptismal Certificate and a Recent Copy of their Confirmation Certificate.
- Preparation Class Certificate from both godparents
- Parents are to request the baptism directly, in person, and both ought to provide a valid government issued picture I.D.
- If the parents are not registered parishioners, and wish that their child be Baptized at St. Agnes Church, they need a Letter of Permission from their home parish signed by the pastor and containing the parish seal/stamp.
- If one of the parents professes another faith, is not Catholic, or will be absent at the Baptism, a notarized letter (affidavit) giving St. Agnes the authority to Baptize the child is required.
- Godparents must be adults at least 16 years of age, and they have to be fully initiated in to the Catholic Church (i.e. Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) and practice their faith.
- Only Original Documents will be considered. Fax, e-mail, photocopies and/or facsimiles are NOT accepted.
- All documentation must be submitted at least TWO WEEKS prior to the scheduled date of the baptism.